The Anesthesiology Fellowship Match includes the following subspecialties:
- Pediatric Anesthesiology encompasses the perioperative care of children from infancy through late adolescence, as well as the management of pain and sedation for children with medical and surgical illnesses. Additional information can be found through the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia at www.pedsanesthesia.org/.
- Applicants must have completed a residency in Anesthesiology
- Pediatric Anesthesiology fellowships are one year in length, with an optional second year of advanced training for individuals committed to a career in academic anesthesiology
- Pain Medicine includes comprehensive training in acute, chronic, and interventional pain management. Additional information can be found through the Pain Medicine section of the Association of Anesthesiology Subspecialty Program Directors at www.saaahq.org/aaspd.htm.
- Applicants must have completed an accredited U.S. or Canadian residency
- Pain Medicine fellowships are one year in length
Match Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Ranking Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Quota Change Deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET
Rank Order List Deadline at 9:00 p.m. ET
Match Day at 12:00 p.m. ET!
The NRMP is not a centralized application service. Candidates are responsible for determining whether the specialty participates in a standardized application service such as the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) or whether they must apply directly to the programs of their choice. Applicants must ensure they meet all program prerequisites and institutional policies regarding eligibility for appointment prior to ranking a program through the NRMP.