All NRMP® Matches are managed through the NRMP®’s Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system. The R3® system can be accessed directly at https://r3.nrmp.org/viewLoginPage or by clicking the orange “Register/Login for a Match” button in the right menu bar on every page of www.nrmp.org.
Institutions New to NRMP
Institutions wishing to register with the NRMP® for the first time must call the NRMP® toll-free at 1-866-653-NRMP (6767) or (202)-400-2233. The NRMP® will assign an institution code and register the institution in the R3® system.
New Institution, Program, and Medical School Users
- First-time users will receive an email on the day Match registration opens containing an R3® system token.
- Under Option 3 – Token Redemption for Staff from Institutions, Hospitals, Programs, or Schools on the R3 system home, users will enter their email address and the token code to register in the R3® system.
- During registration, users must create a permanent unique username and password for use in the R3® system. Please note that this information belongs to the individual, not the institution, program, or medical school, and it is a violation of the Match Participation Agreement if a user allows another individual to use personal login credentials to access the R3® system.
If you need to use the system but have not yet received a token or have difficulty redeeming it, contact NRMP® at email@example.com to begin the process.
Registration for institution, program, and school users carries over from previous Matches. Returning users must log in to the R3 system under Option 1 – All Returning Users.
Activating Programs at the Beginning of Each Match
When Match registration opens, NRMP® institutional officials must initiate the matching process for their institutions by logging in to the R3® system and completing the following tasks:
- If a new user, redeem the email token sent by NRMP® and create a username and personal password
- Electronically sign the Match Participation Agreement
- Activate programs for Match participation
- Add new programs and deactivate non-participating programs
- Notify program directors that their programs have been activated and require them to immediately log in and complete the Match registration process, including updating program quotas, reversions, and public contact information.
Users with Multiple Roles
Institutional officials who also are program directors, as well as program directors with multiple programs or program tracks, must select the appropriate role when logging in to the R3® system.