Main Residency Match: Ranking and Other Important January Events
With a number of important Main Residency Match events in January, including the opening of ranking on January 15 at 12:00 P.M. Eastern Time, here are a few reminders to ensure nothing gets missed:
- Joint A/P arrangements can be created in the R3 system to establish a full course of training for applicants interested in PGY-2 or PGY-3 specialties. The deadline for creating Joint A/P arrangements is January 14.
- In addition to creating a rank order list, after ranking opens on January 15 also set your program’s SOAP participation status before the January 31 deadline.
- Verify your program quota (number of positions to be filled in the Match) by January 31, the Quota Change Deadline.
- Want information about ranking? Review the new rank order list section for programs on the NRMP website.
- Be sure that you are registered so programs can rank you when ranking opens on January 15. If your status says “INITIAL” you must complete the registration process.
- You can begin creating your rank order list when ranking opens on Friday, January 15 at 12:00 p.m. ET. By 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, February 24, you must have a certified rank order list in the R3 system for it to be used when the matching algorithm is processed. February 24 also is the applicant withdrawal and late registration deadline.
- Want information about ranking? Review the new rank order list section for applicants on the NRMP website.
- Encourage students to register with the NRMP, if they have not already done so, before ranking opens on January 15. Programs will not be able to rank applicants who have not registered for the Match.
- Share the Match Overview PowerPoint for Applicants and the new rank order list section for applicants with your students.
- After ranking opens, begin verifying your students’ and graduates’ graduation credentials. Credentials verification must be completed by February 24, the Rank Order List Deadline.