- Verify by the Rank Order List Deadline students’ and graduates’ eligibility to enter graduate medical education on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match.
- Verify by the SOAP® Verification Deadline the SOAP eligibility of the school’s students and graduates.
Main Residency Match Events
Registration opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Applicant Early Registration Deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET
Applicants registering after November 30 will be charged a late fee
Rank order list entry begins at 12:00 p.m. ET for all users
Quota Change/Withdrawal Deadline for programs at 11:59 p.m. ET
Rank Order List Deadline/Applicant Late Registration Deadline at 9:00 p.m. ET
Rank order lists must be certified by 9:00 p.m. ET.
Applicants must register for or withdraw from the Main Residency Match by 9:00 p.m. ET
Match Week begins
- Applicants find out whether they matched
- Program directors find out whether all positions filled
- The Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®) begins with release of the List of Unfilled Programs
Program directors receive their Confidential Roster of Matched Applicants
SOAP concludes at 5:00 p.m. ET
Match Day! Match results released in R3® system at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Immediately revoke the school's sponsorship of any applicant who is determined to be ineligible to enter graduate medical education on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match and notify the NRMP of that action in the R3 system prior to the Rank Order List Deadline.
- Do not share the List of Unfilled Programs with any individual who is not eligible for SOAP or who is not registered for the Main Residency Match.
- Do not initiate contact on behalf of any SOAP-eligible or SOAP-ineligible unmatched applicant prior to contact from directors of unfilled programs during Match Week.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
- Use the link embedded in the token assignment email or select Login from the top navigation bar and select the desired Match.
- Under Option 3 on the login page - Token Redemption - enter your assigned token number and email address.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a unique username and password of your choice.
- Re-login to the R3 system to complete the registration process!