- Rank all applicants who are acceptable to your program to avoid having unfilled positions. Check your Match Results by Ranked Applicant report from prior-year Matches to gauge how many applicants to rank.
- The match commitment is binding, so rank only those applicants you deem acceptable to train.
- Rank applicants in order of your true preference, not how you think applicants will rank your program.
- During interviews, remind applicants to register with the NRMP® so you can rank them.
- Collect applicants’ AAMC and NRMP IDs during interviews to assist you when creating a ROL.
- If creating a Joint A/P program, do so before interviews begin and inform applicants to ensure they enter the correct program codes on their ROLs.
Programs: ROL Tips for Success