Location: Regular, Full-time/Exempt, Remote-First with Potential for Occasional In-person Attendance
Reports to: Senior Communications Analyst
Supervises (Direct): n/a
The Communications Analyst will be part of a growing Communications Department at the NRMP and affiliated subsidiaries. The individual will oversee assigned daily operations of the communications department and assist the Senior Communications Analyst with various communications projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
- Responsible for the organization’s presence on existing social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube) and daily management of these sites including content creation and scheduling, answering inquiries, and monitoring the sites for pertinent and timely information.
- Develop communications process to inform leadership of SM perspective and prepare recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring the website content and documents are current with up-to-date information.
- Ensure web links are continuously working.
- Develop web content for various audiences, including residency and fellowship Match applicants, programs/institutions, medical schools, and other external constituents as assigned.
- Conduct a thorough review of current content and make recommendations for content revisions.
- Work with other departments to maintain current content across the website.
- Assist the Senior Communications Analyst with writing and editing content for various mediums including the organization websites, newsletters, emails, and press releases.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for media requests, prioritizing requests and gathering initial information to provide to the appropriate responder.
- Assist the Senior Communications Analyst with preparing and implementing communications plans for organization initiatives.
- Assist in drafting and updating process documents for the department.
Match Operations Support
- Assist the Chief of Match Operations with day-to-day email messaging to users about the Match process.
- Write, set-up, schedule and serve as a reviewer for operations email messaging.
- Create visual content and infographics for the website, specifically about data, analytics, and research.
- Create visual content to accompany press releases and media requests around timely topics.
- Assist with developing design concepts for collateral materials such as electronic or print brochures, annual reports, exhibit booths, etc.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
(Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing/Public Relations/Journalism or related field.
- 2-5 years of communications or marketing experience.
- Savvy with social media technology and corporate social media tools such as Hootsuite.
- Experience with a content management system; WordPress experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Canva or other design software.
- Experience in a healthcare, association, or nonprofit environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Match and graduate medical education is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure and work successfully in a remote environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assist in interpreting data for a non-research audience.
- Ability to form relationships that enable collaboration across the organization.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and priorities.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
This position is primarily remote and sedentary; however, this position will be expected to attend meetings in the Washington, DC headquarters or other locations with sufficient notice and as directed by the CEO. There may be occasional overnight travel and duties may require some bending and lifting. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
NRMP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or other protected class status. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
NRMP collects COVID-19 vaccination documentation for all employees. Non-vaccinated employees may request an exemption but are required to wear a mask for all in-person meetings.