Match Results Statistics
- Clinical Ultrasound focuses on the performance of, training for, and research supporting the utilization of clinician performed ultrasound for patient diagnosis, procedural guidance, and monitoring. Additional information is available at https://user.eusfellowships.com/register.php
- Most applicants have completed training in Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, or other specialties utilizing clinical ultrasound.
- Fellowships are typically 1-2 years in length.
- Emergency Medical Services focuses on medical oversight of the whole EMS team. EMS physician practice combines direct patient care in the field with supervisory and other functions that ensure an effectively functioning response system, including daily direct medical decision-making and control of care provided by EMS personnel. EMS physicians also lead quality management activities relating to medical care delivered by the entire EMS system. Additional information can be found through the National Association of EMS Physicians at http://www.naemsp.org/.
- Applicants must be board eligible by an ABMS member board.
- EMS Fellowships are one year in length.
- NEW FOR THE 2021 MATCH! Global Emergency Medicine (GEM) is a discipline that promotes the development of the specialty of emergency medicine throughout the world, with a priority on improving health and achieving health equity in emergency care. It incorporates global health principles into the practice of emergency care, with an emphasis on transnational health issues, determinants, and solutions; promoting interdisciplinary collaboration; and considering the intersection of emergency care for individuals along with population and systems-based interventions. GEM includes initiatives in clinical practice, education, advocacy, and research, particularly considering the practice of emergency care in resource-limited settings and in the disaster and humanitarian response sector. Additional information can be found through the Global Emergency Medicine Consortium at http://www.iemfellowships.com/.
- Applicants must be board eligible by an ABMS member board. Most applicants have completed a residency in Emergency Medicine, but please check individual program requirements for programs that may consider non-EM trained applicants. Also, check individual program requirements in regard to citizenship and/or visa requirements.
- GEM fellowships are 1-2 years in length.
- Medical Toxicology focuses on the diagnosis, management, and prevention of poisoning due to drugs, occupational and environmental toxins, and biological agents. Additional information can be found through the American College of Medical Toxicology at www.acmt.net/overview.html.
- Most applicants have completed a residency in Emergency Medicine, Occupational Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine.
- Medical Toxicology fellowships are two years in length.
Match Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Ranking Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Programs: Quota Change Deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET
Rank Order List Certification Deadline at 9:00 p.m. ET
Match Day at 12:00 p.m. ET!
The NRMP is not a centralized application service. Candidates are responsible for determining whether the specialty participates in a standardized application service such as the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) or whether they must apply directly to the programs of their choice. Applicants must ensure they meet all program prerequisites and institutional policies regarding eligibility for appointment prior to ranking a program through the NRMP.