Recommendations for Constructing a Rank Order List
If you still have questions, our team is available to assist you. Contact us for additional support.
- Include all of the programs on your list where the program has expressed an interest in you and where you would accept a position.
- Construct your rank order list based on preference of programs and not on your perceived chances of matching to those programs.
- Include a mix of both highly competitive and less competitive programs within your preferred specialty.
- If you are applying to a competitive specialty and you want to have a residency position in the event you are unsuccessful in matching to a program in your preferred specialty, also rank your most preferred programs in an alternate specialty.
- Include all of your qualifications in your application, but know that you do not have to be AOA, have the highest USMLE scores, have publications, or have participated in research projects to match successfully.