Program Directors participating in the Main Residency Match® can choose to participate in the Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®) if they learn on Monday of Match Week they are unfilled. In order to participate in SOAP, program directors must set their SOAP participation status to “YES” in the Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system.
- Program directors electing to participate in SOAP agree to offer positions ONLY through SOAP.
- Program directors electing not to participate in SOAP are prohibited from extending offers until after SOAP concludes on Thursday of Match Week.
Things to Keep In Mind
- Program directors can begin setting their SOAP participation indicator on September 15 when the Match opens for registration, once their program has been activated.
- The SOAP participation indicator MUST be set and approved in the R3 system by the Quota Change Deadline.
- The institutional official MUST approve all programs’ SOAP participation preferences.
- Programs for which the SOAP participation indicator is not set will automatically be set to “No”.
View Setting SOAP Participation Status support guide