Match Results Statistics
Subspecialties in the Match
The Psychiatry Fellowship Match includes the following subspecialties:
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders in children, adolescents, and their families. Additional information can be found through the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at www.aacap.org.
- Applicants typically have completed a residency in General Psychiatry, although Child and Adolescent Psychiatry training can commence in the PGY-4 year.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry fellowships are two years in length.
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (formerly Psychosomatic Medicine) focuses on the consultation and continuing care for the medically ill in both inpatient and outpatient medical settings. Additional information can be found through the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry at www.clpsychiatry.org
- Applicants must have completed a residency in Psychiatry.
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry fellowships are one year in length.
Match Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Ranking Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Quota Change Deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET
Rank Order List Certification Deadline at 9:00 p.m. ET
Match Day at 12:00 p.m. ET!
The NRMP is not a centralized application service. Candidates are responsible for determining whether the specialty participates in a standardized application service such as the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) or whether they must apply directly to the programs of their choice. Applicants must ensure they meet all program prerequisites and institutional policies regarding eligibility for appointment prior to ranking a program through the NRMP.