How do I update my institutional official?

If you still have questions, our team is available to assist you. Contact us for additional support.

Support 866-653-NRMP
Billing 202-400-2238

The update of a new institutional official (IO) must be made by the NRMP.

Requests for updates to the institutional official must be made in writing and submitted via email to The IO should be the designated ACGME DIO for the institution. To make the change, the current IO or institutional administrator must provide the following to the NRMP:

  • Institutional Information (Name, ACGME institution code)
  • New Institutional Official’s Full Name
  • New Institutional Official’s Date of Birth
  • New Institutional Official’s email account