The Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system is the web-based software application through which all NRMP Matches are managed. The R3 system maintains the highest level of security and confidentiality and can be used with any computer with access to the Internet.
To participate in a Match, users must create a unique username and password that affords them access to the R3 system. This information belongs to the individual, not the institution, program, or medical school, and it is a violation of the Match Participation Agreement if a user allows another individual to use personal login credentials to access the R3 system.
The R3 system can be accessed directly at https://r3.nrmp.org/viewLoginPage or by clicking the orange “Register/Login for a Match” button on every page of www.nrmp.org .
- Applicants must register for a Match by selecting Option 2 – Applicant Match Registration – on the R3 system home page and clicking on the tab for the Match (e.g., Residency vs Fellowship) in which the user wishes to participate.
- Note: You must register as a new user for each Match in which you participate, even if you have participated in a previous Match. Your registration from previous Matches does NOT carry over to a new Match.
- Applicants must then complete the remaining steps of the registration process.
- During registration, applicants will be assigned a NRMP ID and asked to create a permanent unique username and password for future use in the R3 system.
New Institution, Program, and Medical School Users
- First-time users will receive an email on the day Match registration opens containing an R3 system token.
- Under Option 3 – Token Redemption for Staff from Institutions, Hospitals, Programs, or Schools – on the R3 system home, users will enter their email address and the token code to register in the R3 system.
- During registration, users must create a permanent unique username and password for future use in the R3 system.
If you need to use the system but have not yet received a token or have difficulty redeeming it, contact NRMP at email@example.com to begin the process.
- Users must log in to the R3 system under Option 1 – All Returning Users – on the R3 system home page with a personal username and password.
- Users who have forgotten their username or password must click “I forgot my Username or Password” in Option 1 and follow the prompts to reset their login information.
- Users must answer the two security questions they selected during the Mach registration process to complete this process independently. Users who do not recall the answers to their chosen security questions will have to call NRMP support at 866-653-NRMP (6767) for assistance.
- Users who have forgotten their username or password and their email has changed must contact NRMP support at 866-653-NRMP (6767) for assistance. Users will be required to answer the two security questions they established during the registration process in order to have the username emailed and/or a new temporary password issued.
Note: NRMP does NOT maintain user password information. NRMP recommends all users write their login information in a secure location and keep it confidential.