What happens between Rank Order List Deadline and Match Day?
Between the Rank Order List Certification Deadline and Match Day, the NRMP conducts a rigorous review of Match data, including:
- Assessing and confirming the integrity of the data
- Conducting a final verification of applicants’ credentials
- Withdrawing applicants who are ineligible for the Match
- Transferring the data from the R3® system to the matching algorithm module, rechecking the data, processing the algorithm, and transferring data back into the R3 system
- Verifying the results of a Match and transferring the data into the NRMP databases
- Verifying applicants’ credentials for SOAP® participation in the Main Residency Match®
- Preparing 50,000 individual Match Week reports for Main Residency Match applicants, program directors, and medical schools
These steps, all completed in a few weeks, ensure the accuracy of Match results.