- Results and Data: 2015 Main Residency Match (PDF, 120 pages) This report contains statistical tables and graphs for the Main Residency Match® and lists by state and sponsoring institution every participating program, the number of positions offered, and the number filled. SOAP® data also are presented. For additional information: report press release | report infographic | Match Day press release | Match Day infographic
- 2015 Match Results by State, Specialty, and Applicant Type (PDF, 16 pages) This report includes the numbers of positions offered and filled by state, specialty, and applicant type for the 2015 Main Residency Match.
- Program Results, 2011-2015 (PDF, 144 pages) This report includes the numbers of positions offered and filled for all programs participating in the Main Residency Match between 2011 and 2015.
- Charting Outcomes in the Match, 2014: Characteristics of Applicants Who Matched to Their Preferred Specialty in the 2014 NRMP Main Residency Match (5th edition) (PDF, 290 pages) This report documents how applicant qualifications affect Match success. Twelve measures are incorporated in this report, including the number of contiguous ranks, the number of distinct specialties ranked, USMLE® Step 1 and Step 2 CK scores, and the numbers of research experiences, publications, and work and volunteer experiences. Data are reported separately for U.S. allopathic medical school senior students and all other applicants.
- NRMP First-Year Graduate Medical Education in the United States 2002-2014 analyzes trends in the number of post-graduate year one (PGY-1) residency positions available in the United States and graduation and match rates among U.S. allopathic and osteopathic students/graduates. Report has been updated to reflect 2014 Main Residency Match data.
- NRMP and ECFMG Charting Outcomes in the Match for International Medical Graduates Revised The report highlights the characteristics of international medical school students and graduates (IMGs) that contribute to success in matching to residency programs. It is intended to be a valuable resource to help IMGs make educated choices as they apply to and rank residency programs in the Main Residency Match.
- New! Results of the 2015 NRMP Applicant Survey (PDF, 173 pages) This report presents the results of selected items from the 2015 NRMP Applicant Survey. Data are reported for 20 specialties. The report documents factors that applicants weigh in selecting programs (1) at which to interview and (2) to rank in the Main Residency Match.
- Results of the 2014 NRMP Program Director Survey (PDF, 148 pages) This report presents the results of the 2014 NRMP Program Director Survey. Data are reported for 22 specialties and include: (1) factors used for granting interviews and ranking applicants; (2) use of USMLE exam scores; and (3) the number of applications received and reviewed along with the number of applicants interviewed and ranked.
- © 2002-2015 National Resident Matching Program|