- Results and Data: 2016 Main Residency Match (PDF, 120 pages) This report contains statistical tables and graphs for the Main Residency Match® and lists by state and sponsoring institution every participating program, the number of positions offered, and the number filled. SOAP® data also are presented. For additional information: Match notable data and trends (Match Day press release) | Post SOAP final results (press release) | Match by the Numbers | Match Day infographic | Post SOAP infographic
- 2016 Match Results by State, Specialty, and Applicant Type (PDF, 16 pages) This report includes the numbers of positions offered and filled by state, specialty, and applicant type for the 2016 Main Residency Match.
- Program Results, 2012-2016 (PDF, 148 pages) This report includes the numbers of positions offered and filled for all programs participating in the Main Residency Match between 2012 and 2016.
- Impact of Length of Rank Order List on Main Residency Match Outcome (PDF, 3 pages) This report examines the relationship between the average length of the rank order lists (ROL) of matched applicants and filled programs and the average length of rank order lists of unmatched applicants and unfilled programs in the Main Residency Match.
- Charting Outcomes in the Match, 2014: Characteristics of Applicants Who Matched to Their Preferred Specialty in the 2014 NRMP Main Residency Match (5th edition) (PDF, 290 pages) This report documents how applicant qualifications affect Match success. Twelve measures are incorporated in this report, including the number of contiguous ranks, the number of distinct specialties ranked, USMLE® Step 1 and Step 2 CK scores, and the numbers of research experiences, publications, and work and volunteer experiences. Data are reported separately for U.S. allopathic medical school senior students and all other applicants.
- NRMP First-Year Graduate Medical Education in the United States 2002-2015 analyzes trends in the number of post-graduate year one (PGY-1) residency positions available in the United States and graduation and match rates among U.S. allopathic and osteopathic students/graduates. Report has been updated to reflect 2015 Main Residency Match data.
- NRMP and ECFMG Charting Outcomes in the Match for International Medical Graduates Revised The report highlights the characteristics of international medical school students and graduates (IMGs) that contribute to success in matching to residency programs. It is intended to be a valuable resource to help IMGs make educated choices as they apply to and rank residency programs in the Main Residency Match.
- Results of the 2015 NRMP Applicant Survey (PDF, 173 pages) This report presents the results of selected items from the 2015 NRMP Applicant Survey. Data are reported for 20 specialties. The report documents factors that applicants weigh in selecting programs (1) at which to interview and (2) to rank in the Main Residency Match.
- Results of the 2014 NRMP Program Director Survey (PDF, 148 pages) This report presents the results of the 2014 NRMP Program Director Survey. Data are reported for 22 specialties and include: (1) factors used for granting interviews and ranking applicants; (2) use of USMLE exam scores; and (3) the number of applications received and reviewed along with the number of applicants interviewed and ranked.
- © 2002-2016 National Resident Matching Program|