- Results and Data: 2016 Main Residency Match (PDF, 120 pages) This report contains statistical tables and graphs for the Main Residency Match® and lists by state and sponsoring institution every participating program, the number of positions offered, and the number filled. SOAP® data also are presented. For additional information: Match notable data and trends (Match Day press release) | Post SOAP final results (press release) | Match by the Numbers | Match Day infographic | Post SOAP infographic
- 2016 Match Results by State, Specialty, and Applicant Type (PDF, 16 pages) This report includes the numbers of positions offered and filled by state, specialty, and applicant type for the 2016 Main Residency Match.
- Program Results, 2012-2016 (PDF, 148 pages) This report includes the numbers of positions offered and filled for all programs participating in the Main Residency Match between 2012 and 2016.
- Impact of Length of Rank Order List on Main Residency Match Outcome (PDF, 3 pages) This report examines the relationship between the average length of the rank order lists (ROL) of matched applicants and filled programs and the average length of rank order lists of unmatched applicants and unfilled programs in the Main Residency Match.
- New! Charting Outcomes in the Match, 2016: These reports document how applicant qualifications affect match success. Ten to twelve measures are examined in the reports, including the number of contiguous ranks in preferred specialty, the number of distinct specialties ranked, USMLE® Step 1 and Step 2 CK scores (for U.S. allopathic seniors and IMGs), COMLEX-USA® Level 1 and Level 2-CE scores (for osteopathic students/graduates), and the numbers of research experiences, publications, and work and volunteer experiences.
- Charting Outcomes in the Match for U.S. Allopathic Seniors: Characteristics of U.S. Allopathic Seniors Who Matched to Their Preferred Specialty in the 2016 Main Residency Match (1st edition) (PDF, 211 pages)
- Charting Outcomes in the Match for U.S. Osteopathic Medical Students and Graduates: Characteristics of U.S. Osteopathic Medical Students and Graduates Who Matched to Their Preferred Specialty in the 2016 Main Residency Match (1st edition) (PDF, 128 pages)
- Charting Outcomes in the Match for International Medical Graduates: Characteristics of International Medical Graduates Who Matched to Their Preferred Specialty in the 2016 Main Residency Match (2nd edition) (PDF, 294 pages)
- New! NRMP First-Year Graduate Medical Education in the United States 2002-2016 analyzes trends in the number of post-graduate year one (PGY-1) residency positions available in the United States and graduation and match rates among U.S. allopathic and osteopathic students/graduates. Report has been updated to reflect 2016 Main Residency Match data.
- New! Results of the 2016 NRMP Program Director Survey (PDF, 172 pages) This report examines the factors program directors use to select applicants to interview and rank. Data are reported for 22 specialties and the transitional year in the Main Residency Match.
- Results of the 2015 NRMP Applicant Survey (PDF, 173 pages) This report presents the results of selected items from the 2015 NRMP Applicant Survey. Data are reported for 20 specialties. The report documents factors that applicants weigh in selecting programs (1) at which to interview and (2) to rank in the Main Residency Match.
- © 2002-2017 National Resident Matching Program|